<--------- It's all right here. Please enjoy.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

In you I shall Defend.

You sleep and dream of light,
and other playful things.
I see you wherever I am, in my vision, in the corner of my eye
I hear your laughter, soft like a butterfly kiss
I see you near me, your warmth worked up from so much movement,
exploring, learning, experiencing all around you.

You sleep and I watch, my eyes in the darkness
I whisper to you, sleep, nite nite, my little wonder
In you I shall defend.

I see you wherever I am, I feel your presence
I work, I learn to be as good as I can for you.
You are my honor, my reason for living,
Quiet, now hush my darling sleep tight
In you I shall defend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this, is this written to anyone in particular? It seems like it was written to a child.

-Martin Bodkin.

R.S.F said...

Wow, Martin it's been a while. Hope the teaching is still working out. Yeah, it's written to my daughter.

-RSF

Anonymous said...

Good poem, nice imagery. Not the most complex piece, but the images evoked are strong. Reminds me a little of Kinnel.

A